Top 10 Things Entrepreneurs Want From Their Marketing
We have spoken to a lot of entrepreneurs over the years and this list is what we are hearing that you want from your marketing:
- Revenue – gimme, gimme, gimme! We all want more sales. You want to know that if you invest in branding, advertising, social and so on, you’ll get a return on investment. More to the point, you want to understand why and how it impacts your sales.
- Difference-Maker – You want marketing to articulate what makes you, your company, and your mission unique. Because you also know that a clear articulation of your brand will empower every aspect of your business – from your business card, to the products you launch, to your salespeople’s presentations.
- Activation – Once you know what makes you unique, you want your marketing partner to activate your brand, transmitting it across everything you do and everything you say. Every time.
- Vision – You need help creating a vision that is ownable and achieveable. You want something to stand for. A purpose. A why.
- Digital – You want to understand how the [blip] the ever-changing digital landscape works and what you need to do to get in the game in a smart, sensible way. You’re already feeling left behind and embarrassed to acknowledge it. What you don’t need is a smart-ass digital media agency reminding you of that fact.
- Flexibility – You love ideas. You generate them in your sleep. At times, you even feel a little superior to others knowing that you could launch 5 pretty good ideas tomorrow if you had to. You want the freedom to continue generating ideas, and the option to change any of them at any time. You need your people (and partners) to keep up with you every step of the way.
- Consistency – You want to understand how to introduce new products and services, while adhering to your core beliefs and position. You want everything to look like it belongs to the same family, not a collection of random brands. But you don’t have time or, frankly, the interest to do it – you want your partner to figure it all out.
- Social Media – Another pain in your you-know-what. You want to finally understand how social media can help you stand out in a way that makes sense for your brand and your company.
- Tough love – Even though you are a master ideator, you know that focus is where the money is. You need a little push back time to time from someone you trust who will hold you accountable.
- Partner – You want someone to understand your pain and be there through thick or thin, within scope or not, to help you feel better about feeling unsure. You want someone that appreciates what’s on the line, and gets that failure simply isn’t an option.
What did we miss? If your marketing is underperforming, we can help. Contact us to day for a free 1 hour review of your current strategy.